The Cascade Public Library is excited to launch our Kindergarten Readiness program in August 2021! Stay-Tuned for more information.
Who Is It For?
The program is designed for children ages 3-5 who will be entering kindergarten in the next 1-2 years, and their parents/caretakers. The program is open to all families, but especially those families who may not otherwise have access to preschool or early literacy resources.
All children must be accompanied by at least one parent/caregiver, and up to two adults may participate per child. Adults should be prepared to participate and interact with their children and library staff. This is NOT a drop-off preschool or daycare situation.
What Is It All About?
Participating families will attend five one-hour sessions at the library where children will develop the skills they need to be successful in kindergarten, and parents/caregivers will learn how to promote their children’s early literacy skills at home.
At each session library staff will guide children and parents/caregivers through a series of fun and interactive activities designed to build on 5 fundamental kindergarten readiness skills: vocabulary, literacy, social-emotional skills, math, science, and fine/gross motor skills. In addition to practicing skills at the library, families will go home with tips and ideas for easy ways to incorporate these skills into their children’s every-day life.
Each session lasts an hour, and builds on skills learned and explored in previous sessions. For this reason, the program is not designed to be a “drop in” program. Registration is required, space is limited, and families are encouraged to attend all five sessions (though it’s OK if families have to miss a session due to scheduling conflicts).
What Are the Benefits?
In addition to helping their children get ready for kindergarten, participating families will also receive the following perks:
- FREE ONE-YEAR MEMBERSHIP to the Cascade Library for everyone in their household (a household is considered everyone who lives together under one roof.) Valued at $45.
- VIP ACCESS TO ACTIVITY KITS: Families can check out specialized Kindergarten Ready activity kits that can be played with at home. Kits will not be available to the public until after the program is over.
- VIP ACCESS TO SAMSUNG TABLETS: Tablets are loaded with fun apps for learning and each family will have priority access to check out tablets for use at home. Tablets will not be available to the public until after the program is over.
- ACTIVITY KITS TO KEEP: Families who attend four of the five program sessions will receive a free kindergarten readiness kit with books, activities, and games that they can keep after the program is over.
When Does It Take Place?
Tuesdays 6p at the Cascade Public Library
How Do I Register?
Registration is easy. You can register by calling the library, emailing us, or stopping by in person.
- Phone: 208.382.4757
- Email: [email protected]
- In Person: 105 N. Front Street, Cascade ID (11am-6pm Weekdays, 10am-2pm Saturdays)
Please be prepared to give us the following information:
- Child’s name and age
- The name(s) of participating adult(s)
- Phone number and/or email address where we can reach you